Wednesday, May 6, 2009

tick, tick, tick....

I'm not losing sleep over our month-end deadline, mostly because I REFUSE to think about it and because we have a bigger one coming: the carpets are being installed next week and we have to get the upstairs finished before then. Kim put in the last piece of trim upstairs just last night.

We've also given in to our kids' suggestion (DON'T DO THAT YOURSELF, IT'LL TAKE FOREVER - HIRE SOMEONE, LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE DO!) and hired some professionals for a few jobs. Will help with the timing (and also, hopefully, our sanity)

I was thrilled when Kim told me yesterday that the painter we hired to caulk and paint the trim has also offered to fill and sand the nail holes. I am SO glad! Beause, well, Kim's new at putting up trim and, ummm..... he's very thorough. I didn't know how I was going to get them all done in time for the painter to finish painting by the weekend.

Now maybe I will be able to get all the upstairs doors stained and at least start on the the masterbath floor tiles.
Just when my hands and knees are feeling normal again - more tiling to do.

No comments: