Tuesday, June 10, 2008

up, up

I thought it was exciting when the foundations went in but that was nothing compared to seeing the first wall rise up. Our first erection. (Kim's words, not mine)
It's like seeing our new-born baby, except this time Kim bore all the labour pains and it took a lot longer than 9 months. Oh, and all the prep work for building a house doesn't make you pee your pants every time you sneeze. (Click on pics to see them larger)

The day the framing started Kim phoned to ask me if I'd been by the site yet:
"...and, did you take some pictures?"
"Of course, I took lots"
"I mean of the house?"
"Are you kidding? This is MY HOUSE being built. It would take a lot more than a couple of young, half-naked framers to distract me from the first walls of my house!"
(You clicked on that one didn't you?)




The only way to get a pic of Shea from the front - "hold tight, don't let him get away!"

This shows one week of work, from Friday May 30th when the first wall went up, to Friday June 6th. Now I'm almost caught up.

No comments: