Monday, February 9, 2009

A normal weekend

Wow, what a change. It was so nice to spend an entire weekend in normal clothes. I was able to attend (almost) a whole Polymer Clay Guild meeting and on Sunday even had time to, OMG how long has it been, go for a walk and coffee with a friend. Kim cleaned the yard, took a load to the dump and then re-discoved the joy of an afternoon nap.

This is the first weekend in a long time that we haven't had masses of work to do at the house. There's not much we can do until the drywallers are finished taping, mudding and sanding so we're free for now until they're done and it's time to paint.
We're re-considering hiring pros to do the primer coat, I mean we know how to paint, and we've had lots of offers of help so we'll probably take it on ourselves. (Uh-oh, now all those who offered just to be polite won't be answering their phones any more)

At least Kim can't describe me as "a big ball of polar fleece" any more. I don't think it was meant as a compliment.
To keep warm while working in the house my usual attire is baggy, spray-foam insulation-encrusted polar fleece pants (over long underwear, giving me a severe case of diaper-butt), a couple of Kim's old, paint-stained long-sleeved T-shirts and a very bright, multi-coloured fleece vest. Top that with a pom-pommed touque with ear flaps and a dust-mask (or as I call it: pimple incubator) and sprinkle with lots of saw-dust and/or insulation fibres.
I don't understand why Kim kept backing away from me and changing the subject to stereo configuration when Rod Stewart's "Do you think I'm sexy" came on the radio last time we were working at the house. It's not like I was singing along, I wouldn't torture anyone that way, I just wanted a little dance.

No comments: